[KS] questions about how korean arts were preserved during the Korean war

Frank Hoffmann hoffmann at koreaweb.ws
Sun Sep 30 16:53:34 EDT 2007

Hello Hans:

David Steinberg deals with this in some detail -- a good starter:

Steinberg, D. I. (1968). "The National Museum of the Republic of
Korea." Transactions of the Korea Branch of the Royal Asiatic Society
44: 1-70.

Knez, E. I. (1995). "Evacuation of Korean Art Treasures during the
Korean War." Korean Culture 16(2): 17-19.

You may also want to check out the (Korean language) publications
published by the National Museum itself.
And never forget to KISS (Koreanstudies Information Service System);
see below URL:
http://kiss.kstudy.com/ksikiss.asp?loginBe=1

Best,
Frank