[KS] A light contemporary read on Korea

Lauren Deutsch lwdeutsch at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 20 15:02:00 EDT 2008

I am rereading the Isabella Bird Bishop book and find its ³missionary
position² focus very distracting / annoying / weighted.

Why not use an anthology of fine short stories, taking advantage of
excellent translations and a variety of perspectives. I did a public radio
series of 20th century Korean short stories read in English translation over
10 years ago and continue to find the works inform my sojourns in Korea.
MANOA, the pan-Asian journal published by University of Hawaii had a Korea ­
focused edition some years ago.

Lauren Deutsch
--
Lauren W. Deutsch