[KS] Administrivia -- another bounce attack

Robert Provine provine at umd.edu
Mon Apr 21 11:22:29 EDT 2008

Dear Korean-Studies list:

It appears that recently we have had a large number (several dozen) of subscribers whose
subscriptions have been temporarily suspended because of "excessive bounces," a problem
for which we have no satisfactory technical explanation.  Those of you who were affected
may or may not have received an automatic message from the listserv, and you may or may
not have been able to follow the instructions in that message.

I have now repaired all of the blocked subscriptions as of today (April 21) and will
continue to watch the membership list closely.  So if you have had an earlier automatic
message about the problem, you can safely ignore it.

There's no way I can send missed messages to those of you affected by this problem, but if
you're interested to check whether you've missed anything, you can always go to the
Archives at http://koreaweb.ws/pipermail/koreanstudies_koreaweb.ws/, where you can check
recent messages and, indeed, all messages sent to the list since its inception.

Apologies for the problems -

Rob Provine