[KS] korean studies at the university of california in jeopardy

Nathaniel I. Braun Hyperabundance nathanbraun at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 21:42:37 EDT 2008

I am not sure if this is the best person to contact, but someone I met
recently who might possibly be helpful in this regard is FIONA MA,  Majority
Whip and Assembly Woman for the 12th District, out of San Francisco.

You can contact her directly at:
assemblymember.ma at assembly.ca.gov

If you think this is a good person to contact (as I do).

Please let me know your thoughts on this issue and/or if you know additional
contacts who may be helpful in regarding this important Berkeley issue.

Sincerely

Nathan

On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 7:25 AM, Nathaniel Braun <nathanbraun at gmail.com>
wrote:

> If there's anything I can do to help, please let me know.  I am currently
> living and working out of the San Francisco bay area, prominently including
> Berkeley.  And I am available for activism and direct face-to-face meetings
> with decision makers.  I am passionate about this issue also and believe I
> could make a good case before the right people.
>
> Nathan
>

> On 4/24/08, Matthew Shapiro <karimunjawa at yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > Dear all,
> >
> > I have little to say about the financial issues
> > discussed in the previous emails. I would like to
> > address some of the comments made by Rob Oppenheim,
> > who commented on Korean studies with a focus on
> > technology. Granted, funding for technology transfer
> > incubators, etc. is much different than standard
> > departmental funding in Korean studies, the need to
> > focus on Korea's technological advancements is
> > paramount. This is a not-so-new but relatively
> > understudied dimension to Korea's political economy.
> > Sharing Korea-related funding with business projects
> > may not be appropriate, but such projects themselves
> > represent Korea's current development trajectory and
> > must be studied carefully. (In the last 10-15 years,
> > Korea and Taiwan have replaced France and the UK as
> > the 4th and 5th most-patenting countries in the world,
> > based on USPTO patent grants. No other countries have
> > experienced such changes in this same period, and
> > there is no indication that it will change in the near
> > future.)
> >
> > Best regards,
> >
> > Matt Shapiro
> > USC now, Illinois Institute of Technology in the fall
> >
> > .
> > .
> > .
> > .

> > Be a better friend, newshound, and

NATHANIEL I BRAUN, Esq.
Professor of Extreme Gratitude & Infinite Universal Hyperabundance

INFINITE HYPERABUNDANCE UNLIMITED

USA: +1 818 480 8211
Canada: +1 780 499 6838

Sofia - Paris - Seoul - San Francisco