[KS] Yoon Bok-hui

kevin parks kevin at macosx.com
Sat Aug 23 21:02:32 EDT 2008

Greetings all.

I am trying to locate a somewhat hard to find CD. I wonder if folks here
with better search chops have any leads (any sources on hard to find
Korean CDs and records are welcome).

This CD is by Yoon Bok-hui, perhaps more well known as a singer of
bbong-jjak and the first woman to wear a miniskirt in public. This CD
contains her more folky songs (as in "Tong Guitar" folk, not Minyo
"folk") and was released several times under 2 different names. As far
as i can tell the CDs have a different order, different title and
different covers but they have more or less the same contents (I wonder
if one is a remaster of the other or if there are any other differences).

It seems it was released twice as Kkun (??? ?) (once as a deluxe 50th
anniversary 2 CD set, released as a single 14 track CD, and then as a 10
track single CD) and twice as Salm (?) (1992 & 2004).

The above could be wrong or jumbled... It gets confusing and searching
with Naver and Google turns up conflicting information. For example:

http://www.maniadb.com/album.asp?a=131219
http://www.maniadb.com/album.asp?a=131219&s=1
http://www.maniadb.com/album.asp?a=125050

My kingdom for one of these CDs!

I am also curious to know if Kim Choo Ja's records have made it to CD
yet or Suh Yu Seok (I know there are beatball reissues of other stuff of
the era such as the the add4 and He6 records).

Best,

Kevin Parks

kpp9c at virginia.edu