[KS] Choson Dynasty Sexuality

Mark Peterson markpeterson at byu.edu
Fri Feb 29 20:22:23 EST 2008

Greetings all,

Some say there is more to so-called genre painting than meets the
eye.  The voyeurs here are not just the naughty boys behind yonder
rock, but rather all who are looking at this painting.  They say.  But
I wouldn't know.  Looks all innocent to me!  There are no explicit
depictions of any kind in this kind of prudish painting, now are
there?  Nope.  I don't see anything.

It's kind of like the emperor's new clothes, maybe.  If you happen to
see something,  just turn your heads or close your eyes.  "It just
couldn't be .... "  Or could it.

If you do see it, well... you just ought to be embarrassed.  And you
certainly shouldn't tell anyone else.

innocently yours,
MP