[KS] Korean online article database ?

Frank Hoffmann hoffmann at koreaweb.ws
Mon Jul 21 21:25:45 EDT 2008

Hello All:

Some of you -- I guess -- might have run into the same problems, and
I hope there is a solution?

Problem:
I am trying to download some articles in PDF format from academic
Korean journals at http://dbpia.co.kr/ -- that seems one of the
biggest such database services in Korea (see the stats on the main
page). The problem is that this company accepts no FOREIGN
Mastercards or Visa cards, and no PayPal either. I am really getting
grey hairs over this. At a similar service in Japan, CiNii
(http://ci.nii.ac.jp/en/), one can happily download as much as one
wants, free or for a fee, in which case any credit card works, no
questions asked, no Citizens Residence Card needed, no nothing.
Therefore my question: Is there any other Korean FULL TEXT service to
download non-threatening academic journal articles, a service that
allows to pay with non-Korean credit cards or PayPal? (Of course, if
there is, they would probably not have the same journals online. But
still ...)

Best wishes,
Frank