[KS] FRANK_AKSE conference 2009_Panel

Ruediger Frank ruediger.frank at univie.ac.at
Fri May 23 04:40:15 EDT 2008

Dear colleagues,

as most of you may know, the next AKSE conference will take place in 2009 in Leiden, The Netherlands, from June 17-21. You will find a CFP on our website (http://www.akse.uni-kiel.de/index.php?topic=next_conference). Proposals for papers and panels are due until August 31, 2008.

I am planning to organize a panel on "Korea and East Asia: Regionalization and its Effects". The idea is to collect a multitude of views on Korea as part of (North)East Asia, asking how strongly Korean agendas (unification, nuclear issue, economic development, etc.) are actually or potentially influenced by the region, and whether Korea itself shapes regional developments. Since the size of the panel is limited, I particularly welcome proposals from colleagues in social sciences, and with an expertise on Korea's (North or South) interrelation with neighbors, such as Russia, Japan, China, ASEAN etc.

If you are interested, please send me a note indicating the topic of your paper and including an abstract of 200 words.

Please note: If you just hit the reply button of your email program, your message might go out to the whole list, so please contact me directly at ruediger.frank at univie.ac.at

My best wishes,

Rudiger Frank

--