[KS] Korean Studies Review news and books available

Afostercarter at aol.com Afostercarter at aol.com
Fri Aug 7 03:41:41 EDT 2009

Dear friends and colleagues,

Too many valuable tasks often are, or go, thankless. So may I  take
this opportunity, on behalf of the popular masses, to thank
Stephen warmly for his decade of sterling service to our  community.
Not forgetting all who write the reviews, and indeed those  whose
labour and diligence keeps the whole  KS enterprise on the road.

KSR is invaluable. Stephen has surely  earned a break. I'm sure
we all wish Robert well in taking over the  reins.

So many books in English on Korea these days! Even as  one
struggles to keep up, us old-timers may recall when they  were
but a handful, and each new one an  event. Rejoice!

Best wishes
Aidan

Aidan Foster-Carter
Honorary Senior Research Fellow in Sociology  & Modern Korea, Leeds
University, UK
Flat 1, 40 Magdalen Road,  Exeter, Devon, EX2 4TE, UK
T: (+44, no 0)    07970 741307 (mobile);   01392 257753       Skype:
Aidan.Foster.Carter
E: _afostercarter at aol.com_ (mailto:afostercarter at aol.com) ,
_afostercarter at yahoo.com_ (mailto:afostercarter at yahoo.com)               W:
_www.aidanfc.net_ (http://www.aidanfc.net/)