[KS] RESOURCE> Smart Hanzi Parsing and Lookup Tool for the DDB (Muller)

Charles Muller cmuller-lst at jj.em-net.ne.jp
Sun Aug 30 00:39:36 EDT 2009

Forwarded from H-Buddhism

-------- Original Message --------

From: Charles Muller <acmuller at em-net.ne.jp>
Subject: Parsing & Lookup tool for DDB
Date: 	Sat, 29 Aug 2009

Dear Colleagues,

I am happy to inform you of the release of Jean Soulat's new
locally-installable DDB parsing and lookup tool for the Digital
Dictionary of Buddhism, called DDB-Access.

Some of you may be familiar with the previously-announced web version
of this application, but this locally-installable (Windows) program
provides various kinds of enhanced functionality over the web version.

The main function of this tool is that it allows you to paste in a
passage of text from any classical Chinese-based canonical work, upon
which that text will be parsed with basic English language equivalents
attached, along with links into the associated DDB entries.

We expect that this tool will be a great help to those studying
Buddhist texts written in classical Chinese.

For those who are not working on Windows platforms, please note that
the web version covers much of the same basic functionality. The
application can be downloaded and installed from:

http://download.smarthanzi.net/ddbaccess

My deepest thanks to Jean for providing us with this wonderful tool.
If you have suggestions for its enhancement, please feel free to write
directly to Jean at the address provided on that page.

Regards,

Chuck

------------------------

A. Charles Muller
Graduate School of Humanities and Sociology
University of Tokyo

-----------------------------

--

H-Buddhism (Buddhist Scholars Information Network)

Web Site: http://www.h-net.org/~buddhism

-------------------

A. Charles Muller

University of Tokyo
Graduate School of Humanities and Sociology, Faculty of Letters
Center for Evolving Humanities
Akamon kenkyū tō #722
7-3-1 Hongō, Bunkyō-ku
Tokyo 113-0033, Japan