[KS] Select translations of the Miam ilgi

Sunjoo Kim sunjookim1 at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 30 18:59:21 EDT 2009

Dear list members,

It is my great pleasure to announce that Miam ilgi: Select
Translations with Introduction, edited by Sun Joo Kim and Kwon
Oh-Young, is now available through following website (link below). The
select translations from the Miam ilgi 眉巖日記 (Yu Hŭi-ch’un’s Diary)
are the result of the First International Summer Hanmun Workshop,
sponsored by the Academy of Korean Studies (AKS, Han’gughak Chungang
Yŏn’guwŏn), Korea, and the Korea Institute, Harvard University, held
June 29 to July 24, 2009 at the AKS. The workshop was directed by Sun
Joo Kim, Professor of Korean History, Harvard University. Daily
instruction on reading the diary in modern Korean was provided by
Professor Kwon Oh-Young of AKS. Ten participants from North American
universities daily produced Korean as well as English translations of
the diary after the morning reading session. Sun Joo Kim edited the
Korean and English translations while Kwon Oh-Young proofread the Korean
version.

On the website (click “Hanmun Workshop” on the left column), you will
find six PDF files. I strongly recommend the visitors to read the file
“1 Introduction” first.

This website is apparently under construction and I will periodically
update it. You may find other translated texts from “Resources” tap in the near future.

http://isites.harvard.edu/icb/icb.do?keyword=k64659

Thank you.

Yours,

Sun Joo Kim