[KS] Assistance with locating a document

Emma Campbell emma.campbell at anu.edu.au
Fri Dec 4 11:03:27 EST 2009

I would be grateful if I could submit the following comment onto the
Korean Studies mailing list:

_______________________________________

I understand that UNESCO have criticised south Korea for the teaching of
nationhood and identity in schools based on common ethnicity and blood
ties, for example using the myth of Dangun. I would welcome some
assistance in locating some documentary evidence of this criticism, or
any other literature that specficially criticises the education system
for this approach to the issue of nationality and identity.

Many thanks for any assistance that can be provided!

Emma Campbell
PhD Candidate
Dept. of Political and Social Change, Australian National University