[KS] Kim Jeongho, Daedong yeojido and UWM

acope at uwm.edu acope at uwm.edu
Fri Dec 4 08:50:49 EST 2009

Hello everyone,

Recently, the American Geographical Society Library at the University of
Wisconsin Milwaukee held a symposium on Kim Jeongho and his 1861 map the
Daedong yeojido. I sent announcements to this list about that event
(details here: http://www4.uwm.edu/libraries/AGSL/korean_maps.cfm ) and
I am pleased now to send the link below to the podcast of the
presentations that day.

http://www.sois.uwm.edu/DE_Info/podcast/podcast.htm

*Opening and Welcoming Remarks*

*Presentations*

Kihuk Kim (Pusan National University). “Cartography of the Daedong
yeojido and its Origins”

Kibong Lee (National Library of Korea). “Characteristics of Korean Old
Maps: An interpretation of mountains and mountain ranges from a
perspective of the history of civilization”

Suk-Soo Kim and Halla Kim (University of Nebraska at Omaha). “On the
Philosophical Significance of Kim Jeongho’s Daedong yeojido”

Discussant: Woonsup Choi (Geography, UWM)

*Afternoon Session: 1:30 PM – 3:30 PM (AGS Library)*

*Special Lecture* by Gari Ledyard (King Sejong Professor Emeritus of
Korean Studies, Columbia University)

“The Life and Work of Kim Jeongho before the Daedong yeojido of 1861”

Many thanks to the UWM School of Information Studies for video recording the day's events.

-Angie

Angie Cope, Senior Academic Librarian
American Geographical Society Library
UW Milwaukee Libraries
2311 E. Hartford Avenue
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53201

http://www.uwm.edu/Libraries/AGSL/index.html
Hours: M-F 8:00am-4:30pm
acope at uwm.edu
(414)229-6282 / (800)558-8993 (US TOLL FREE) / (414)229-3624 (FAX)
43°03'8"N 87°57'21"W