[KS] Location of Tongjin Mine

Afostercarter at aol.com Afostercarter at aol.com
Thu Jul 16 04:05:45 EDT 2009

Dear Frank,

I tried Google. I suspect it is NOT this:
www.maplandia.com/korea-north/north-hamgyong/tongjin/

- but almost certainly this:
_http://www.springerlink.com/content/q5521100381j7u47/_
(http://www.springerlink.com/content/q5521100381j7u47/)

In which case we are told that the mine is "50km  south-east
of Jeonju city". The latter is in North Cholla (I refuse to  write Jeolla);
but 50 km southeast of there might take you into South  Kyongsang.
(I'm away from home, so can't check my maps.)

This article is by the same man, now teaching at Chonbuk  National
University (not Jeonbuk, I note) in Jeonju. So I dare say you  could
contact him there and ask him.

All best
Aidan

Aidan Foster-Carter
Honorary Senior Research Fellow in Sociology  & Modern Korea, Leeds
University, UK
Flat 1, 40 Magdalen Road, Exeter, EX2 4TE,  UK
T:  (+44, no 0)    07970  741307 (mobile);   01392 257753   (home)
E: _afostercarter at aol.com_ (mailto:afostercarter at aol.com)    W:
_www.aidanfc.net_ (http://www.aidanfc.net/)   Skype: Aidan.Foster.Carter

In a message dated 7/16/2009 05:15:36 GMT Standard Time, fshulman at umd.edu