[KS] Query: soft-masculinity and cross-dressing in Korean context

Clark W Sorensen sangok at u.washington.edu
Thu Jul 30 03:26:52 EDT 2009

Clara,

You might also consider that cross-dressing has been a regular feature in Korean shamanism since time immemorial. This includes female shamans manifesting male gods (in male clothing of course), and male shamans dressing in female clothing first, and then manifesting their gods (who are often male, making them double cross-dressers).

Clark W. Sorensen