[KS] Yi Sang (Ha Yoong) Illustrations

kevin parks kevin at macosx.com
Tue Mar 24 16:29:34 EDT 2009

Greetings

I am looking for illustrations by Yi Sang (Ha Yoong). The only ones I
have found were in the Yi Sang portion of Muae and the surprisingly poor
and small reproductions found in the three volume Yi Sang Moon Hak Cheon
Chip.

I have found some here:

http://search.daum.net/search?w=img&q=%ED%95%98%EC%9C%B5%20%EC%82%BD%ED%99%94&enc=utf8

But the illustrations I was really hoping to find were the three covers
he did for the architecture journals that are reproduced on page 9 of
the Yi Sang Moon Hak Cheon Chip. I've scanned this in and you can see it
here:

http://homepage.mac.com/kp8/.Pictures/Yi_Sang.jpeg

Walter Lew has the top one in Muae, but I am really hoping to find the
bottom 2 in much better quality. Anyone know of any high quality
reproductions of these (or any other) pictures by Yi Sang on the net or
in texts?

Best,

Kevin Parks
University of Virginia, Music  Dept.