[KS] Tiger Hunters Guild - 작호군 - Choseon dynasty

William B. McCloy wbmccloy at u.washington.edu
Sat May 2 14:02:13 EDT 2009

Dear Mr. Vaillant:

If indeed you are interested in human-tiger relations in Northeast Asia
beyond the scope of the Tiger Hunters Guild, you might be interested to
take a look at _From the Crusades to Gulag and Beyond_ by Valery G.
Yankovsky.  The Yankovsky family lived variously in what is now North Korea
and, earlier, in Russia near the Korean border.  Among other activities,
they hunted tigers, and there are some illustrations of such in the book.
The bulk of the narrative takes place during the Japanese Occupation period.

Sincerely,

Bill McCloy