[KS] South Korea's Rollback of Democratic Rights

george katsiaficas katsiaficasg at wit.edu
Wed May 6 01:56:36 EDT 2009

Dear all,

Scott calls for "further research and investigation before drawing any final
conclusions" about individuals holding a press conference being arrested en
masse.

I am all for further research and in that spirit, I would like to know the
factual basis for Scott's assertion that "these same individuals attacking
"violent crackdowns" by the police and calling for a "guarantee (of) the
freedom to assemble and demonstrate" had physically hijacked the stage of
the Hi Seoul Festival at City Hall on the previous Saturday night."

Evidently Scott has some inside information that can name specific
individuals who held the press conference(s) and were arrested being the
same individuals present a week before at a different location.

Scott, please provide us with the names and/or other research you've done to
draw your conclusion.

Thanks,
george katsiaficas