[KS] Greetings and an invitation

Mark Setton marksetton at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 12 06:34:44 EST 2010

Dear Colleagues,

To begin with I would like to say hi again to my old friends on this list who might have plausibly suspected that I had migrated to a different planet...

As Book Review Editor of the Taiwan Journal of East Asian Studies, I wonder if some of you would be interested in submitting a book review for the TJEAS on a publication related to Korean Studies, or on a comparative study. The following description might provide you with a good idea of the broad variety of works we are looking for. The reviews can be really brief or extended.

The TJEAS is a prestigious biannual scholarly journal that provides a forum for the study of East Asian Cultures, and has received contributions from major scholars such as Haydon White, Richard Vann, Chun-chieh Huang, Wang Longxi, etc. The TJEAS is especially interested in works that focus on the philosophical, religious and literary masterpieces that have shaped these cultures, including minority cultures. Aside from the study of particular nations or localities, the journal promotes comparative dalogue among East Asian Civilizations as well as between East Asia and the West, in order to better appreciate the core values of East Asian cultures.

Mark

Mark K Setton, D.Phil
Associate Professor of World Religions
International College