[KS] Linguistic Landcsape of Seoul

James Forrest jasforrest at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 28 21:21:56 EST 2010

Dear List Members,

I am currently researching Seoul's linguistic landscape, and for the diachronic aspect I am having trouble locating photographic archives which show street scenes 'through the ages' - in particular views of the same street, say Chongno, over a period of time leading up to the present. Any information re sources (western, Japanese or Korean) would be a great help.

As a second, related question: does anyone know when the first western signage ie in Roman letters was erected in Korea?

Many thanks in advance.

James Forrest

University of Leicester / IGSE Seoul