[KS] Joseon-era official terms

Kirk Larsen kwlarsen67 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 12:00:50 EST 2010

An additional resource that may further complicate things (but is
nonetheless interesting and useful) is the "Korean History
Thesaurus<http://thesaurus.history.go.kr/index.html>"
(http://thesaurus.history.go.kr/index.html) provided by our good friends at
the 국사편찬위원회. Rather than give the single definitive English-language gloss
for a term, if often reveals the myriad ways in which a certain term has
been rendered in English.

The entry for 공조판서(工曹判書), for example, includes the following as
possibilities:

Grand Minister of Works
Minister of Commerce
Minister of Construction