[KS] Call for papers [PEAR - Yonsei Graduate Journal of International Studies]

holly Stephens h.j.stephens at dunelm.org.uk
Mon Feb 1 02:47:27 EST 2010

To whom it may concern,

Papers, Essays and Reviews, the Yonsei Graduate Journal of International Studies, announces a call for papers for the forthcoming Spring/Summer edition.  Although PEAR focuses on international studies, as a journal published in Seoul we welcome submissions that deal with Korea.  Please see below for more information or visit our website at gsis.yonsei.ac.kr/pear

Papers, Essays and Reviews
Yonsei Graduate Journal of International Studies
Request for Submissions for the Spring/Summer 2010 Issue

Papers, Essays and Reviews (PEAR) strives to provide an opportunity for graduate students to publish their work in a peer-edited academic journal.  Covering a range of disciplines, PEAR aims to make a unique contribution to the field of international studies and serve as a showcase for current research that attracts a diverse readership.  Ultimately, PEAR seeks to bring the world a little closer to Yonsei University and the Graduate School of International Studies, and also to bring Yonsei and the GSIS community a little closer to the world.

Papers, Essays and Reviews welcomes submissions from all scholars, most notably graduate students, regarding the diverse field of International Studies, particularly those topics that challenge the conventional wisdom of any given issue. Each issue of the printed Journal will contain the following three sections:

PAPERS: This section includes feature-length articles of original research and must include proper citations. This section showcases compelling and stimulating research that provides a collage of situations and cases. Inclusions should range from 3,000 to 8,000 words.
ESSAYS: This section includes essays that take stances on issues and develop sophisticated argumentations in the form of editorials, recommendations and reflections. These essays can discuss past events, current situations and future perspectives. Inclusions should range from 1,500 to 3,000 words.
REVIEWS: This section focuses on evaluations and reviews of existing arguments contained in essays, articles and books, in addition to policy reviews or previously published material in PEAR. Inclusions should be no longer than 2,000 words.

PEAR encompasses a wide scope of varying disciplines and methodologies, but each issue will attempt to be thematic. In doing so, we include academic papers, an array of different essays, and argumentation reviews. Graduate students from any number of perspectives are encouraged to submit a research paper to the Journal. All papers, essays and reviews should be relevant to international studies and follow submission guidelines (available to view on the PEAR website).

We are currently accepting submissions for our third issue to be published in late May/early June of 2010.

The deadline for all submissions is March 15th, 2010. Submissions can be made via email at pear at yonsei.ac.kr or via the PEAR website at gsis.yonsei.ac.kr/pear.