[KS] call for papers: Korean crime fiction?

Stephen Epstein Stephen.Epstein at vuw.ac.nz
Tue Feb 2 13:31:07 EST 2010

Dear all,

Some colleagues at my university have asked for help in locating
someone who works on Korean crime fiction for the following
interesting book project (they have noted to me that there will also
be chapters that have more of a focus on film, which should open
things up for the South Korean situation):

"Bloody Foreigners: Cross-cultural Aspects of Crime Writing".

This will be a selection of peer-reviewed chapter articles, for which
we will be seeking a UK publisher.
The fundamental concept is as follows: whether victim, perpetrator or
investigator, the foreigner appears frequently in crime fiction. How
is this foreignness represented, what are the causes and/or
consequences, explicit or implicit, of this confrontation of
cultures? Contributors may also choose to examine the setting of
crime novels (eg. the "exotic procedural") or the reception of
foreign language crime fiction in translation. It is expected that
texts and authors studied will come from a wide range of countries
and literatures; chapters are to be submitted in English.

  Abstracts of 300-500 words, accompanied by a basic bibliography,
should be sent by email to: barbara.pezzotti at vuw.ac.nz AND
carolina.miranda at vuw.ac.nz: by the deadline 8 March 2010.
  31  March: Notification of acceptance of abstracts
  30 June: Deadline for full chapters
  31 August: Notification of acceptance or otherwise

  We are aiming to send the manuscript to the publishers by the end of
2010. We hope you will join us in this exciting project.

Yours sincerely,

Jean
Anderson
Barbara Pezzotti