[KS] Afanasii Ivanovich Seridin-Sabatin

Clark W Sorensen sangok at u.washington.edu
Fri Feb 19 20:39:21 EST 2010

George,

The book that comes to mind is Donald Clark's "Living Dangerously in Korea" that has a whole chapter on the Russians living in Korea. I'm not sure he goes back as far as King Kojong's reign, but it would be a start. There are undoubtely Russian language sources on this. Maybe you could find information in the biography of Paul Moellendorf (I don't have the exact reference, but I've seen a title). Moellendorf was an ethnic German citizen of the Russian Empire who worked for King Kojong in the 1880s.

Clark W. Sorensen, Chair
Korean Studies Program
University of Washington