[KS] Afanasii Ivanovich Seridin-Sabatin

George Dorian georgedorian at comcast.net
Fri Feb 19 22:22:59 EST 2010

Hello Clark,

Thank your for your reply.

I found "Living Dangerously in Korea" on Amazon.  If I understand correctly,
the review of the book indicates that the book looks at Korea from 1900 to
1950.  My great-grandfather was there from about 1886 to 1905.  So it seems
that that book misses the mark a bit.

As for Paul Moellendorf; Google seems to have no hits - that must be a
first!

Over the last 12 months or so I've been in contact with a number of people
in Korea and Russia who are researching Afanasii, and this has renewed my
interest.  I've started a Wikipedia page about him and am writing a
journal/book about my ancestors.  There are a number of family stories about
my ancestors, but there are "holes" in the stories.  For example we know
that Afanasii attended some kind of Naval college in St. Petersburg, but, so
far, there is no mention of him in such Russian archives.

I find that researching my ancestors to be very interesting.  Like an
"Easter egg hunt".   As I mentioned, I am in communication with a number of
scalars (besides surfing the web) and they each have a peace of the puzzle,
it's just a matter of collecting all the peaces.  I am looking for other
individuals with an interest in my Great-grandfather so that we can
"compleat the puzzle".  If you feel have a like interest in this then I
would be grateful if you could help me.

Sincerely, George

Ps, I live about 10 miles north of San Francisco.