[KS] FW: MLA call for papers

Stephen Epstein Stephen.Epstein at vuw.ac.nz
Sun Jan 24 14:32:10 EST 2010

Please see the below call for papers.
________________________________
I am writing to because I am organizing a panel for the Modern Language Association conference to be held in Los Angeles in January 2011, and would like to distribute a call for proposals to your mailing list, KoreanStudies.  My panel is in charge of premodern East Asia (pre-1900), and my call for proposals is as follows:"Narrating Lives in East Asia"
Perspectives on the fictions of identity represented in various literary genres and modes, and their roles in negotiating a self within the traditions of East Asian literature before 1900.
Send 250-word abstract to C. Miki Wheeler (cmwheeler at ucdavis.edu<mailto:cmwheeler at ucdavis.edu>) by March 15, 2010.
~~~~~
 I would very much like to balance my panel with a scholar representing premodern Korean literature, if possible.  Thank you for your consideration.
Best,
Miki Wheeler

C. Miki Wheeler, Ph.D.
Visiting Lecturer in Japanese
Department of East Asian Languages and Cultures
5th Floor Sproul Hall, One Shields Avenue
University of California, Davis  95616
Phone:  (530) 752-0313
Email:  cmwheeler at ucdavis.edu<mailto:cmwheeler at ucdavis.edu>