[KS] Seeking English language sources on Korean aesthetic

Owen Miller om4 at soas.ac.uk
Sun Jun 6 15:03:51 EDT 2010

Dear Lauren,

I haven't actually got hold of a copy of this book myself yet but I believe
that Yuko Kikuchi's *Japanese Modernisation and Mingei Theory: Cultural
Nationalism and Oriental Orientalism* covers a lot of the issues you are
interested in. It seems to focus particularly on Yanagi Soetsu, the concept
of *mingei,* the role of Korea as a sort of 'unspolit' artistic other and of
course the British connection in figures such as Bernard Leach and William
Morris.

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=zJbIVwRbB3YC&dq

Best wishes,
Owen