[KS] Korean films dealing with int'l relations?

Todd Henry htodd98 at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 11 19:03:04 EDT 2010

As for Korean films that relate to Japan, may I suggest the various colonial
period films in the three sets released by the Korean Film Archive:

http://www.yesasia.com/us/the-past-unearthed-the-second-encounter-collection-of-chosun-films/1012520812-0-0-0-en/info.html

http://www.yesasia.com/us/the-past-unearthed-the-4th-encounter-moving-images-from-gosfilmofond/1020454961-0-0-0-en/info.html

http://www.yesasia.com/us/the-past-unearthed-the-3rd-encounter-dear-soldier-dvd-korea-version/1020454958-0-0-0-en/info.html

As for more contemporary feature films (many of
which also deal with Japanese colonialism), we have "2009 Lost Memories," "YMCA
Baseball Club," "Once Upon a Time," "Radio Days," "Modern Boy," "The Korean
Peninsula," "Epitaph," and "Asako in Ruby Shoes," to name a few.

As for documentaries, I recommend "Annyong,
Sayonara" and "Choi Sunghee: The Korean Dancer," both available on
DVD.

Todd

Todd A.
Henry, PhD