[KS] information on North Korean refugees

Afostercarter at aol.com Afostercarter at aol.com
Thu May 13 06:42:01 EDT 2010

Dear Anne-Marie,

Further to the two replies below:

1. Good Friends, mentioned by Benjamin,
can be found in English at
_http://goodfriends.or.kr/eng_ (http://goodfriends.or.kr/eng)

_http://www.goodfriendsusa.blogspot.com_
(http://www.goodfriendsusa.blogspot.com/)

_http://www.goodfriends.or.kr/foodcrisis_
(http://www.goodfriends.or.kr/foodcrisis)

seouljake at gmail.com writes:

Anne-Marie,

Your English is great!  I recommend  speaking with Yoon-young Kim who
recently graduated from the University of  Hawaii with her PhD in
Anthropology.  She wrote her dissertation on  the topic of North Korean
refugees' adapting to life in South Korea.   She also spent a few years
working with an NGO in South Korea that focuses  on this kind of work.

My best,
Jacob Reidhead

Graduate  Student
University of Washington
Department of  Sociology

seouljake at gmail.com
+1 (614)  370-4927

------------

[KS] information on North Korean  refugees
BJ _joinau  at chollian.net _
(mailto:koreanstudies at koreaweb.ws?Subject=Re:%20[KS]%20information%20on%20North%20Korean%20refugees&In-Reply-To=<000c01ca3
110$774c5750$017ba8c0 at gmc2530>)
Wed Sep  9 01:43:26 EDT 2009
(aoldb://mail/write/007401.html)
(aoldb://mail/write/007402.html)
_[ thread ]_ (aoldb://mail/write/thread.html#7409)  _[ subject ]_
(aoldb://mail/write/subject.html#7409)  _[ author ]_
(aoldb://mail/write/author.html#7409)

____________________________________
We have organised few years ago a big charity art exhibition called «

Namnambuknyeo » at Gana Art Space to help two NGOs working at that time

with NK refugees in Seoul : Good Friends, a SK NGO still operating I

think, and Medecins Sans Frontieres, which was based in DPRK, then left

to open a branch in Seoul devoted exclusively to the psychological

problems of refugees. They finally left also SK, but I think you could

get interesting information with them.

And also last December in Paris was held a conference called «

North/South Interfaces » where the question was also raised in some

papers. The proceedings were only printed on CD, and the paper version

is not yet published. You can contact the organiser, Valérie Gelézeau of

EHESS to ask her the CD version. Here is the link to the program :

_http://lodel.ehess.fr/crc/document.php?id=467._
(http://lodel.ehess.fr/crc/document.php?id=467.)

Yours,

Benjamin JOINAU