[KS] origins of segyehwa motto

YM Clara Hwang sumovmi at hotmail.com
Wed May 19 19:14:38 EDT 2010

Thanks Alexander and Sarah for the reply. Segyehwa is often quoted as 'Korea's answer to Globalization', quite time-specific though. It was widely used as Sarah rightly pointed out during Kim Young Sam government. My question, however, is the origins of this phrase. 'gajang hangukjeogingeosi gajang
segyejeogingeosida' (sorry for sloppy romanization). Who came up with it and how did it become so popular? I believe Segyehwa Promotion Committee was formed in 1995. Is there any published work on this committee? Perhaps that could be a start.

Regards,
Yun Mi Hwang