[KS] International Conference on "Contents Business and Shared Cultural Assets in East Asia"

Thorsten Traulsen Thorsten.Traulsen at rub.de
Tue Nov 23 13:51:54 EST 2010

Dear colleagues,

a friend asked me to post this to the Korean studies list since it is
related to our field of interests. So I do.

All the best,
Thorsten Traulsen

*From:* Sun-ju Choi (sun-ju.choi at uni-bonn.de)
<mailto:sun-ju.choi at uni-bonn.de>
*Subject:* Int. Conference on "Contents Business and Shared Cultural
Assets in East Asia"

Dear colleagues,

we cordially invite you to the international conference* "Contents
Business and Shared Cultural Assets in East Asia"*, which will be held
on December 3--5, 2010 at the University of Bonn.

Information and communication technologies have made phenomenal advances
during the past decades. These current developments accelerate the
transmitting of "contents" across countries so that national and
cultural boundaries seem to become more blurred. The conference aims to
explore what influences the cultural and economical interactions of
"contents" have on the construction of the "East Asian Community".

The Conference is supported by the Japan Foundation and organized by the
Department of Japanese and Korean Studies, University of Bonn. The
conference venue is the 'Hall of the Senate (Senatssaal)' in the main
building of the University, Regina-Pacis-Weg 3, 53113 Bonn, Germany. The
conference will be held in English and the proceedings will be published
by the end of March, 2011. Through our research and the conference, we
aim at developing a new interdisciplinary approach to Asian Studies.
Participation is free, but please register at nishiyama at uni-bonn.de
<mailto:nishiyama at uni-bonn.de>. We are looking forward to welcoming you
at the conference in Bonn.

Sincerely,
Dr. Takahiro Nishiyama, Dr. Shiro Yukawa, Sun-ju Choi