[KS] Dongsung Prize awarded to Robert Ramsey

Dr. Edward D. Rockstein ed4linda at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 25 11:00:03 EST 2010

I was a student of Kim Min-su in 1967-1968. Together with my good friend, the late Bob Bockman, I studied Middle Korean with Professor Kim and Classical Chinese with Im Ch'ang-sun. The following summer, I went to study Mandarin language and T'ang poetry in  Taiwan at the Mandarin Center at Taiwan Normal University. I first met Bob Ramsey in Taiwan. I am proud to have studied with Professor Kim and delighted to see Bob Ramsey get this recognition, richly deserved, for his contributions to Korean linguistics.

Dr. Edward D. Rockstein

ed4linda at yahoo.com

”I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration ” — Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear