[KS] Old Korea Photos (collections)

Kwang On Yoo lovehankook at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 23:34:13 EDT 2011

 Hello,

Here are valuable late 19c. and early 20c. Old Photos of Korea by three very
prominent Americans, housed in the American Geographical Society Library at
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee,
http://collections.lib.uwm.edu/cdm4/results.php?CISOOP1=any&CISOBOX1=korea&CISOFIELD1=CISOSEARCHALL&CISOROOT=all&CISOSTART=1,41

1. George Clayton Foulk Collection(1883 -1887);
59-64, 150-178, 182-185, 188, 190-194

2. Shanon Boyd-Bailey McCune Collection(1938-1939);
65-148, 180, 182-185, 188-194

3. Mary Jo Read Collection(1935):
179-181, 186-187, 189(duplicate)

Notes

1. George Clayton Foulk was Acting  U.S. Minister to Korean Court, 1884-1887

2. Shannon Boyd-Bailey McCunem was director of the American Geographical
Society of New York from 1967 to 1969. Won Medal of Freedom.
His Father, George Shannon McCune was Dean(1929-1936) of Sungsil Christian
Collage, Pyonggyang, center of anti Japanese activity.
His brother George McAfee "Mac" McCunne born in Pyongyang, developed with
Edwin O. Reischauer, McCune-Reischauer romanization of Korean in 1937.
His extensive collection of Old Korean Maps is now at the Library of
Congress, Washington, D.C.

3. Mary Jo Reed was a Geography Professor at University of Wisconsin -
Milwaukee

Thank You and Regards,

Kwang-On Yoo

*