[KS] Tracking a murder in colonial Korea

DMcCann dmccann at fas.harvard.edu
Sun Apr 17 13:20:43 EDT 2011

I don't have info relative to the inquiry, but it did remind me of
William Shaw's book, Legal Norms in a Confucian State, and the case of
the local murderer
who made up a folk song blaming somebody else for it.  The royal
review committee was suspicious because, as I recall, they said no
folk songs were ever
that specific, to blame someone by name that way.

David McCann