[KS] REMINDER - Application Deadline: April 27, 2011 - SSRC Korean Studies Dissertation Workshop

CedarBough T. Saeji umyang at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 21:30:22 EDT 2011

Am I the only one who thinks that the timing on these workshops could be
better? It seems that summer vacation is a good time to be doing fieldwork
and most people file right before the start of the summer; so either the
workshop interferes with fieldwork or it comes too late (perhaps not for
students who plan to take more than one academic year to write). I know
people who've really gotten a lot out of the workshop but for those of us
who do fieldwork/research in Korea it's impossible/impractical in the
fieldwork year and too late the following year. Of course mid-academic year
would make it hard for anyone with a teaching load to participate. I only
wish that such a workshop could be during the academic year to really
facilitate the writing of the dissertation!

CedarBough

--
Ph.D. Candidate in UCLA's program in Culture and Performance

CedarBough Saeji
Address till 08/2011: 서울특별시 용산구 이태원2동 215-31번지 3충 (우) 140-867 Republic of
Korea
Permanent address: 220 Snowberry Lane Lopez Island, Wash. 98261
http://www.cedarsphotography.com