[KS] mistakes on the Korean musical terms appeared in the glossary of the JVC Video Anthology of World Music and Dance

장연옥 yonokchang at ymail.com
Tue Apr 19 03:21:17 EDT 2011

Dear Members in the list,

Has it discussed before/Or has someone pointed this out previously that there
are abundant mistakes (and mis-translations) on Korean musical terms appeared in
the glossary of the JVC Video Anthology of World Music and Dance? I hope this
will attract enough attention from experts in the field of Korean music.

Yeonok Jang

Visiting Lecturer
Seoul Institute of the Arts
Dept. of Korean Music

________________________________
보낸 사람: CedarBough T. Saeji <umyang at gmail.com>
받는 사람: Korean Studies Discussion List <koreanstudies at koreaweb.ws>
보낸 시간: 2011년 4월 18일 (월), 10:30:22 AM
제목: Re: [KS] REMINDER - Application Deadline: April 27, 2011 - SSRC Korean
Studies Dissertation Workshop

Am I the only one who thinks that the timing on these workshops could be better?
It seems that summer vacation is a good time to be doing fieldwork and most
people file right before the start of the summer; so either the workshop
interferes with fieldwork or it comes too late (perhaps not for students who
plan to take more than one academic year to write). I know people who've really
gotten a lot out of the workshop but for those of us who do fieldwork/research
in Korea it's impossible/impractical in the fieldwork year and too late the
following year. Of course mid-academic year would make it hard for anyone with a
teaching load to participate. I only wish that such a workshop could be during
the academic year to really facilitate the writing of the dissertation!

CedarBough

On Sat, Apr 16, 2011 at 12:05 AM, Korean Studies <korea at ssrc.org> wrote:

The Social Science Research Council (SSRC) and the Korea Foundation are pleased
to announce the fourth annual Korean Studies Dissertation Workshop.

--
Ph.D. Candidate in UCLA's program in Culture and Performance

CedarBough Saeji
Address till 08/2011: 서울특별시 용산구 이태원2동 215-31번지 3충 (우) 140-867 Republic of Korea

Permanent address: 220 Snowberry Lane Lopez Island, Wash. 98261
http://www.cedarsphotography.com