[KS] Journal of Korean Studies Call for Papers "The End of War? The Korean Armistice after Sixty Years"

Tracy L. Stober tracys2 at uw.edu
Thu Aug 11 11:47:52 EDT 2011

Dear Korea Listserve Members,

The JKS is pleased to announce our 3rd thematic issue (2013): "The End of War? The Korean Armistice after Sixty Years" guest edited by Charles Armstrong.

-------------------------------------

Call for Papers on “The End of War? The Korean Armistice after Sixty Years”
Thematic issue of The Journal of Korean Studies, Volume 18 No. 2 (Fall 2013)
Due July 31, 2012

The 2013 thematic issue of The Journal of Korean Studies (JKS), under the direction of guest editor Charles K. Armstrong of Columbia University, will have as its theme the sixtieth anniversary of the Korean War Armistice. We invite original studies of the armistice and its historical and present-day significance by scholars from fields including – but not limited to – diplomatic, political, social and cultural history, as well as political science, law, sociology, anthropology, and film and literary studies. We are interested in manuscripts from a variety of theoretical, conceptual, methodological and geographical perspectives, including those dealing with participants on various sides of the conflict: North and South Korea, the US, China, the Soviet Union, Eastern Europe, and United Nations coalition forces. For further information please contact Charles K. Armstrong at cra10 at columbia.edu.

Articles appearing in the JKS are abstracted and indexed in the Social Sciences Citation Index (SSCI), Sociological Abstracts, Social Services Abstracts, Worldwide Political Science Abstracts, PAIS International, Linguistics and Language Behavior Abstracts, Bibliography of Asian Studies, Historical Abstracts, and America: History and Life.

JKS is a peer-reviewed journal and all papers will be vetted by two outside readers.

Please submit your manuscript by July 31, 2012 to Tracy Stober, JKS Managing Editor, at jourks at u.washington.edu and to Charles K. Armstrong at cra10 at columbia.edu.

For detailed information on the submission process please visit The Journal of Korean Studies website: http://jsis.washington.edu/korea/jks/submissionguidelines.shtml

Tracy L. Stober
Managing Editor
The Journal of Korean Studies
Center for Korean Studies Publication Series
University of Washington-Seattle
206- 543-7896 FAX 206-685-0668
The JKS is now on Facebook.