[KS] How to read Hangeul on Mac

J.Scott Burgeson jsburgeson at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 4 03:05:14 EST 2011

From: Michael Rank <rank at mailbox.co.uk>
To: koreanstudies at koreaweb.ws
Sent: Sunday, December 4, 2011 7:13 AM
Subject: Re: [KS] How to read Hangeul on Mac

Thanks to all who have replied. I have tried all your suggestions, inc changing language (flag in menu bar) from UK English to  2-Set Korean and even to US English but nothing makes any difference. FWIW apostrophes also come out as question marks.

Have you fiddled with the Input Menu in the International System Preferences? I am even given options for Afghan Dari, Cherokee Nation and Slovenian, among many others.

Here are a few hànzì for you:

1. Simplified (standard on the Mainland): "我是美国人。我喜欢大酱汤!"
2. Traditional (still used in South Korea): "我是美國人。我喜歡大醬湯!"

   --Scott Bug