[KS] Egypt and Gwangju 1980

Frank Hoffmann hoffmann at koreaweb.ws
Fri Feb 18 06:37:57 EST 2011

Same arguments all over:

http://koreaweb.ws/pipermail/koreanstudies_koreaweb.ws/2009-May/007174.html
(posting from May 8, 2009)

Should Korean studies (and anyone writing about the country, or any
other country for that matter) better explain what is happening
instead of trying to evaluate another country's political culture
according to middle-class white American rule-sets -- that's really
how this comes over to me. What did we learn since the missionaries
and colonialists reported their views in the 19th century. This is
NOT white-washing anything! It is an issue of how to approach such a
topic.

Frank