[KS] Request to the Members

Agnieszka Smiatacz magnesmerald at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Feb 28 11:53:05 EST 2011

Dear List Members,

I kindly request information on where I can find an English
translation/publication of the following poem:

未覺池塘 春草夢 ㅣ 연못가에 봄 풀이 채 꿈도 깨기전에

階前梧葉 已秋聲  ㅣ 계단 앞 오동나무잎이 가을을 알린다

The translation will be roughly as follows:

Spring grass at the pond before I wake up from my dream/
In front of the stairs paulownia leaves are announcing autumn.

It is a fragment of a poem by a Chinese poet from the Song dynasty period,
popular among the Koreans, too. In Korean the title is "Sonyeoniro Hannanseong".
I would be very thankful if some hanja experts kindly corrected my translation.

Regards,
A. Smiatacz
The Academy of Korean Studies