[KS] Request to the Members

_B J Lim open24hours at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 28 13:17:46 EST 2011

http://kuiwon.wordpress.com/2010/11/29/zhu-xi-ju-heui-the-youth/

Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 16:53:05 +0000
From: magnesmerald at yahoo.co.uk
To: koreanstudies at koreaweb.ws
Subject: [KS] Request to the Members

Dear List Members,

I kindly request information on where I can find an English translation/publication of the following poem:

未覺池塘 春草夢 ㅣ 연못가에 봄 풀이 채 꿈도 깨기전에

階前梧葉 已秋聲  ㅣ 계단 앞 오동나무잎이 가을을 알린다

The translation will be roughly as follows:

Spring grass at the pond before I wake up from my dream/
In front of the stairs paulownia leaves are announcing autumn.

It is a fragment of a poem by a Chinese poet from the Song dynasty period, popular among the Koreans, too. In Korean the title is "Sonyeoniro Hannanseong".
I would be very thankful if some hanja experts kindly corrected my translation.

Regards,
A. Smiatacz
The Academy of Korean Studies