[KS] March 1st records

Brother Anthony ansonjae at sogang.ac.kr
Mon Feb 28 21:49:10 EST 2011

We commemorate March 1, 1919 as we can, each year. If anyone has not seen it, there is a very interesting page about the ways in which the March 1 Movement was covered in the American press, mainly the NY Times, published by Matt in his Blog in March 2008  http://populargusts.blogspot.com/2008/03/battle-for-american-perceptions-of.html  A few days later Matt also published a page of remarkable photos of the demonstrations and the consequences  http://populargusts.blogspot.com/2008/03/unseen-photos-of-samil-movement-1919.html

Today is a good day to look at them, I think. Thank you, Matt.

Brother Anthony
Sogang University, Seoul