[KS] Daedongyeojido at Museum of Anthropology Hamburg, the only Daedongyeojido in Europe

Kwang On Yoo lovehankook at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 19:13:20 EDT 2011

Hello,

Here is more information about Dr. Carl Gottsche original owner of the
Hamburg Daedongyeojido.

" Dr. Carl Gottsche was making two long journeys in Korea at the request of
the Korean government for the pur­pose of scientific explora­tion, a
southern journey between June and August 1884 and a northern journey to the
Yalu between September and November, making him by far the most traveled
Westerner in Korea. He published a brief scientific report of his
obser­vations in a Berlin journal in 1886." *

Carl Gottsche, “Land und Leute in Korea,” *Verhandlungen der Gesellschaft
für Erdkunde* 13 (Spring 1886): 245–62.

Kwng-On Yoo