[KS] March 1st records

sung oak sungoak at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 1 14:23:05 EST 2011

Dear,

These pictures are originally from the tract published by the Korean Provisonal Government, "Korean Independence Movement" (Shanghai: Oriental Press, 1919).
Its publisher and press are known now by the efforts of the archivists of Union Theological Semianry in New York.
See http://www.columbia.edu/cu/lweb/digital/collections/cul/texts/ldpd_7705012_000/

I posted it on my webpage last fall: http://koreanchristianity.humnet.ucla.edu/sources/tracts

And the last photo in the Matt's blog, the execution of three Korean righteous army soldiers on the crosses, was not taken in 1919, but 1907 (or 1908).
See B. L. Wheale, Coming Struggle in East Asia, (London: Macmillan, 1909), p. 518.
Sung-Deuk Oak, The Frist Great Revivals: A Picture History of Korean Portestant Christianity, 1900-1910 (Seoul: Hongsungsa, 2009), p. 85.

Best,
Sung-Deuk Oak
UCLA