[KS] Special Issue Journal of Global Initiatives: "Voices of Korean Identity in Global Context"

Dan Paracka dparacka at kennesaw.edu
Wed May 4 11:41:59 EDT 2011

The Journal of Global Initiatives announces the publication of a special issue on Korea.
The theme of this issue is "Voices of Korean Identity in Global Context."

Table of Contents
1. “Introduction,” Dan Paracka
2. “Ink Painting of Orchids among the Literati in the Qing and Chosŏn Dynasties,” Herin Jung
3. “Working Women in Chosŏn Korea,” Michael Pettid
4. “National Language Beyond Nation-States: Vernacular Literary Language in Yi Kwang-su,” Sangjin Park
5. “The Subaltern Can Speak: Voices of Poets in Divided Korea,” Ailee Cho
6. “Korean Ethnic Identity in the United States 1900-1945,” Thomas Dolan & Kyle Christensen
7. “Chaebŏl and Korea’s Industrial Finance,” Murat Doral & Michael Patrono
8. “Kazoku Cinema, Chunhyang and Postmodern Korean Cinema,” Hyangsoon Yi
9. “Language Contact between Korean and English in Online Communication,” Jiyoung Daniel
10. “The Munhak Tongne Phenomenon: The Publication of Literary Fiction in South Korea Today,” Bruce Fulton

Three short stories by Munhak Tongne Writers:
11. “Introduction” by Bruce Fulton
12. “Butterfly in the Dust,” Ŭn Hŭi-gyŏng translated by Jennifer Kyung
13. “Lightning Rod,” Kim Young-ha translated by Jane Lee
14. “The Canning Factory,” P’yŏn Hye-yŏng translated by Soohyun Chang

It is currently available on the web for purchase at the reduced price of $10 per copy.

It is linked off the IGI website:
http://www.kennesaw.edu/globalinstitute/

and the direct payment link is:
https://epay.kennesaw.edu/C20923_ustores/web/store_cat.jsp?STOREID=14&CATID=339

Daniel J. Paracka, Ph.D.
Director, Education Abroad Office
Associate Professor of Education
Mailbox #2301
1000 Chastain Rd.
Kennesaw State University
Kennesaw, GA 30144, USA

Phone: +1.770.423.6732
Fax: +1.770.499.3430
E-Mail: dparacka at kennesaw.edu

"No longer do we feel confined within the limits of our narrow views. We know the world and ourselves as greater and more mysterious than we had ever imagined. And in that knowledge, in the awareness of a universe too vast to possess or control, we experience a humility that frees us from the petty demands of egotistic illusions and desires." Edwin Bernbaum, Sacred Mountains of the World, (San Francisco: Sierra Club Books, 1990).