[KS] US military archives on tourism

skhwang3 at gmail.com skhwang3 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 21:59:42 EST 2011

Dear Dr. Pai,

The best place for this research is probably the National Archives (NARA)
II in
College Park, MD. This is their website:
http://www.archives.gov/dc-metro/college-park.
It is close to DC, but not exactly inside.

The Far East collections at NARA are vast in number and scale, so you need
talk to archivists and some long-term researchers working there.
NARA's help
desk will direct you to right people. Last time I was there, a lot of East
Asianists
would ask Mr. Boylan or Dr. Pang (if he is still there) and others for
tips.

LOC is OK, but there is no guarantee that you will find exactly what you
want;
NARA still has more resources. I would call both LOC librarian and NARA
staff
for more information before planning a visit.

Best,

Su-kyoung