[KS] Jazz in Korea--Josephine Baker

johnfrankl at yahoo.com johnfrankl at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 21 08:54:12 EST 2011

Thank you, Steven. I was hoping I wasn't simply imagining things.

As for Frank's references from Japan, they also make a certain sense. If Josephine Baker was there after the war and discussing "rainbows," neither she nor the Japanese (this, of course, includes certain Koreans pre-1945) wanted to be associated with the eugenics being championed shortly following her previous visit.

I look forward to further responses/discussion,

John