[KS] Boston University Literature Position

Sarah Frederick sfred at bu.edu
Tue Oct 11 12:17:49 EDT 2011

I would like to share once more our advertisement for our position in Korean Literature. While the "preference by" date has passed, my understanding is that applications submitted soon would still receive full consideration. Please do not hesitate to apply. I include in this invitation applicants to our search last year.

> Boston University invites applications for a tenure-track position in Korean Literature at the Assistant Professor rank, to begin in Fall 2012 (pending budgetary approval). Area of specialization within Korean literature is open. Familiarity with the debates and approaches of comparative literature is desirable, and candidates with scholarly expertise in film studies are also encouraged to apply. The PhD is required at the time of appointment, as is native or near-native fluency in Korean and English.  At Boston University, the successful applicant will join a vibrant faculty community in East Asian literature, comparative literature, and interdisciplinary Asian Studies. She or he will be expected to build on a well-established Korean language program to develop a curriculum in Korean literature. There will also be opportunities to teach courses in comparative literature, interdisciplinary Korean studies, or film studies; teaching load is two courses per semester. A robust research and publication agenda is essential. Salary competitive and commensurate with experience. Cover letter, curriculum vitae, and three confidential letters of recommendation should be submitted electronically to Ms. Rebecca Jackson, jacksonr at bu.edu; preference will be given to applications received by October 1, 2011. Additional materials will be requested later from certain applicants. Any recommendations that cannot be sent electronically may be mailed to Ms. Rebecca Jackson, Department of Modern Languages and Comparative Literature, 718 Commonwealth Avenue, Boston, MA 02215. Boston University is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.  www.bu.edu/mlcl; www.bu.edu/asian

Sarah Frederick
Associate Professor of Japanese
Dept. Modern Languages
   and Comparative Literature