[KS] Korea and Koreans as featured in literary works by non-Korean(ist) writers

Michael Finch mcefinch at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 03:38:19 EDT 2011

Perhaps this one is too well known to mention, but Jack London, who visited
Korea when he was covering the Russo-Japanese War as a correspondent for
Hearst Newspapers, included a chapter set in Korea (very loosely based
around Hendrik Hamel's experiences) in his work *The Jacket *(*The Star
Rover* in the US), which was published in 1915 by Mills & Boon. The book can
be found at the following link:
http://www.archive.org/details/jacketthestarrov00londuoft The chapter
relating to Korea is Chapter XV.

Best regards,