[KS] University of Pennsylvania's James Joo-Jin Kim Program in Korean Studies

Eugene Y. Park epa at sas.upenn.edu
Sun Oct 30 10:30:16 EDT 2011

Dear Colleagues,

I would like to announce that the University of Pennsylvania's James
Joo-Jin Kim Program in Korean Studies now has its own website
(http://www.sas.upenn.edu/koreanstudies/index.html). As explained on the
website, UPenn's Kim Program in Korean Studies (formerly Center for
Korean Studies) is endowed by a generous gift of $6 million from Mr.
James Joo-Jin Kim, who is Executive Chairman of Amkor Technology. Also,
a recent anonymous gift of $1.5 million from Moon family (they requested
that only the family name is made public) is endowing a Korean studies
postdoctoral fellowship. I would appreciate it very much if you could
please list our site link on whatever website that you maintain.

The Kim Program is in the process of implementing all of its program
components. They include lecture series (Korean Studies Colloquium,
Korea Current Affairs Forum, and Philip Jaisohn Distinguished Lecture),
graduate fellowships, short-term research grants for Penn faculty and
students, postdoctoral fellowships, and visiting professorships. Some of
these components are already in place. I would like to think that our
website provides all the basic information, but both in terms of design
and content, we are still working on improving them. So please let me
know if you have any question about Korean studies at Penn. I especially
encourage prospective graduate students to check out our website and
contact me.

Best regards,

Gene Park
---

Eugene Y. Park
Korea Foundation Associate Professor of History
Director, James Joo-Jin Kim Program in Korean Studies
University of Pennsylvania